Buyback Policy for Beer Money Books
Subject to Change
Beer Money Books (henceforth known as BMB) agrees to purchase items from customers (defined below as “Sellers”) according to the following conditions. By clicking “Checkout” and completing an order with BMB, the Seller acknowledges and agrees to these policies and procedures.
Buyback: a book or books sold from a customer to BMB.
Buyback Quote: the current posted buyback price at the time a customer completes a buyback transaction.
ISBN: acronym for International Standard Book Number, an ISBN is a 10- or 13-digit number that uniquely identifies a specific edition of a book.
Resalable: a book’s ability to be resold, in that it meets the standards BMB applies to its used inventory.
Seller: a customer who creates a buyback order and sells books to BMB.
Volume Seller: a seller who agrees to modified terms in order to raise normal maximum order value limits .
Book Buyback Quotes
When a Seller sells a book(s) to BMB, he or she will receive a quote determined according to BMB’s inventory levels and current market valuation. BMB will pay the Seller this amount if the following conditions are met:
- BMB receives the book(s) within 10 days of the creation of the buyback quote. During the 10-day period, BMB will protect the Seller’s original quoted price even if the value of the buyback quote as posted on BMB’s site decreases. In the event a book(s) arrives after the 10-day period, the Seller will be paid according to the buyback quote posted on the site at the time the order is processed. Sellers are strongly encouraged to ship their orders within 3 days of placing an order to ensure the book arrives in time.
- BMB receives the items as described in the original order. BMB recommends its Sellers take extra care when inputting buyback order information, as many textbooks have multiple editions, including international editions and instructor’s editions, which may have radically different buyback quotes. Additionally, BMB recommends including all additional supplements (such as workbooks, CDs, access codes, etc.). These supplements are considered part of the book(s) being sold, as indicated by its ISBN, and may be required in order to receive the full buyback quote. BMB only buys 100% legally printed and bound USA standard student editions, not instructor, international, or loose-leaf editions.
- The book arrives in “Good” or better condition. See “Book Condition and Related Factors” below for more information on determining a book’s condition.
- The book is not counterfeit. Because of increasing numbers of counterfeit textbooks in the marketplace, even from college bookstores, BMB reserves right to have any and all books submitted authenticated by their respective publishers. This will result in processing delays of your order from one to four weeks, sometimes longer. In the result your book is authenticated you will be paid the original quoted amount. If your book is counterfeit we will issue no payment, the book will be given to the publisher along with your contact information. We reserve the right to place all other orders on hold or not issue any payment if seller submits one or more counterfeit books to BMB.
If any of these conditions are not met, BMB reserves the right to adjust Seller payment accordingly. The quoted price is non-negotiable. We will not increase the amount of the quote should the buyback value increase.
If a book is rejected you will be notified via the account email address. Rejected books will be held for three business days and available to send back to Seller once return postage and processing&handling fee has been paid.
We do not price match with other competitors. Prices listed on the BMB website are non-negotiable.
Transfer of Ownership
Upon receipt of a shipped package into BMB’s warehouse, ownership of the contents of the shipment transfer completely and wholly to BMB.
BMB reserves the sole right to determine the value and condition of any included items according to its own standards and policies.
BMB also reserves the right to return, resell, recycle, or donate any item arriving in a buyback shipment.
The Seller is not able to cancel an order after ownership has transferred to BMB.
Creating duplicate orders
BMB intentionally limits the amount of a given ISBN it is willing to purchase. Do not create multiple duplicate orders – if you have many copies of the same book to sell contact us directly (email@example.com) to get approval. Violation of this policy might result in delayed processing or payment, termination, or non-payment at the sole discretion of BMB.
Minimum and Maximum Order Size
BMB will only process buyback orders with a total value of $25.00 USD or greater.
Sellers using our website may not generate more than $2,000 in buyback revenue within a 30-day period. This limit may be increased by applying for “volume seller” status. In order to become a volume seller, the following criteria must be met:
- Account must have been active for a minimum of 90 days.
- Seller must establish history of recently and regularly submitted buyback orders.
- Seller must not hold multiple accounts.
If approved for a limit increase, volume sellers are not permitted to apply promotional coupons to their buyback orders.
Book Condition and Related Factors
BMB purchases a large variety of publications, including but not limited to textbooks, laboratory manuals, study guides, student solutions manuals, and working papers.
Upon receipt, BMB employees will evaluate a book and determine its value according to the following categories. These categories subsequently determine the amount paid to the Seller.
- Good condition books:
- Minor to no signs of wear and tear.
- No staining, discoloration, page markings exceeding 20% of total pages, tears, and other general damage from use.
- All pages must be included and all text legible.
- No liquid damage of any kind.
- No binding damage or missing pages.
- BMB pays the same amount for used and unused books in good or better condition.
- Poor condition books:
- More than 20% of the pages contain markings (writing, highlighting, marginalia, etc).
- Binding damage, cover damage, missing pages or illegible text.
- Torn pages
- Liquid damage or staining of any kind to the pages or covers.
Good condition books that arrive within 14 days of the creation of the buyback order will be purchased at the full amount quoted in the order.
Rejected Item Returns
In the case of rejected books or items, BMB will attempt to contact Seller at Seller’s provided email address. Seller will have three business days to send payment to BMB to have a rejected item returned. Item will be sent back via USPS Media Mail with tracking – BMB is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen return shipments.
If an item is believed to be counterfeit it will be surrendered to the book’s publisher including Seller’s information and no compensation issued to Seller.
BMB identifies and prices books according to their unique ISBNs. Different editions of books, such as international editions or instructor’s editions, may receive significantly different quotes or have zero value. It is the Seller’s responsibility to identify the correct ISBN during the selling procedure. In the event that the Seller misidentifies the edition of a book while creating an order, BMB will send a payment, according to its policies and the current buyback quote, for the edition received, not the edition listed when the order was created.
Books that are not currently being purchased by BMB will be immediately destroyed and not returned under any circumstance.
Only send the book for which a quote was provided.
DO NOT SEND COUNTERFEIT BOOKS
Seller accounts with a history of intentionally creating orders with incorrect ISBNs may result in non-payment, account termination, or forfeiture of shipments.
Loose Leaf / Unbound / 3 Ring Binder Editions
BMB does not purchase any unbound materials commonly known as “loose leaf”, “unbound”, or “a la carte” editions of books even if a quote is presented on the website. Do not send loose leaf, or unbound editions as they will be rejected. Placing such unbound editions into a three-ring binder will still result in rejection. Spiral bound books (often lab books) and similar are not loose leaf and will be accepted if sent in good condition.
Book Shipping Procedure
Upon completion of a buyback quote, BMB will provide a free, printable shipping label to the Seller in PDF format. To send the order, the Seller must print the label, package the book(s) into a durable shipping box, seal the box, and attach the provided label.
The Seller must then bring the package to the nearest USPS or UPS facility corresponding to the type of label on the box. Sellers should not place packages in a Priority Mail packaging, or use Priority Mail tape, as this will result in additional mailing fees being deducted from your order.
BMB is not responsible for any loss, damage, lateness, or mishandling that may occur while an item is in transit. If you are concerned that your shipment might be missing, late, or damaged, please contact the USPS.
While not required, BMB recommends the following:
- Include your order packing slip in the box. This increases the likelihood of the USPS finding your item should your order become damaged or lost while in transit. If a book(s) arrive at the BMB warehouse and we are unable to determine ownership they will be destroyed.
- Purchase optional insurance through BMB or the USPS. BMB cannot reimburse lost, delayed, or damaged orders.
- Ship within 3 days of placing the order. Quoted prices are secure for 14 days following the placement of an order. To ensure a package arrives within that 14-day time frame, Sellers are strongly encouraged to mail as quickly as possible upon creating an order.
BMB issues payment according to the contents received. Therefore, no payment will be issued for books that are included in the quote but not received. Likewise, books received in a shipment that were not in the original quote will be paid for according to the current quote price at the time BMB processes the order. See section “Book Sent in Error” below for further information on discrepancies between the shipment and the order.
Book Orders Outside the US
The buyback labels BMB provides can only be used for shipping within the United States. BMB does accept packages sent form outside the United States, but these must be shipped at the Seller’s expense. BMB will neither pay for, nor reimburse these shipping expenses.
Books Sent in Error
BMB is not responsible nor liable for any items received that were not included in the original order.
Payment times may vary depending on numerous factors.
- Transit. USPS Media Mail typically takes 4-10 business days to reach our warehouse.
- Processing. After delivery at our docks, it normally takes 1-5 business days to process orders. Times can take significantly longer during our peak seasons in August/September, December/January and May. Until an order is processed it will still say the status is “placed”. Be advised that if we are authenticating one of your books to ensure it is not a counterfeit the order status will still say “placed”, but will be updated once we receive authentication.
- Payment. Payment is typically issued within 1-5 business days after processing is complete or once a book is authenticated. Payment may take significantly longer during high seasons.
Sellers may choose between two different payment methods: PayPal or check. Payment by PayPal is issued within 1-5 business days after processing is complete. Payment by check is sent via USPS First Class mail, which typically takes 3-7 business days to reach any destination in the United States.
Issued checks remain valid for 60 days. In the event of a lost, forgotten, or otherwise not cashed check, please contact info@beermoneybooks. com to receive a new check. If you would not like to wait 60 days we offer a $30 early cancellation and re-issue option which can be arranged by contacting us.
Sellers may only use ONE account. Creating multiple accounts circumvents our site’s thresholds and policies. A Seller who is found to be in possession of multiple accounts may be subject to payment delays, account suspension, or account termination.
Sellers who wish to remove our order size limits to become volume sellers should refer to the section “Minimum and Maximum Order Size” above.
Sellers creating accounts or importing inventory from outside the U.S. and Canada may be subject to additional review, payment delays, or forfeiture of shipments.
Counterfeit, Pirated, or Illegally Obtained Books
BMB reserves the right to inquire how items were originally acquired. While under investigation, payment may be delayed or withheld.
Any items submitted to BMB that are determined to be counterfeit, or illegally obtained or printed will be surrendered to the proper authorities (publishers and/or law enforcement) or immediately destroyed with no payment. Furthermore, the seller information will be released to the publisher and/or law enforcement as needed.
Buyback Policy is subject to change at anytime.